Let's Go Seoul Zoo!!

Alohaa... Hi from Korea! Today I'm going to post about Seoul Zoo. Not many people know about this place as it's not one of the major attractions in Korea but it's worth to come and it's cheap! It's located in Seoul Grand Park and it's beside the Seoul Land (Amusement Park)

When you arrive in Seoul Grand Park Station (detail at the end of post), you can see a booth in front of the fountain. It's actually ticket booth for Elephant Train. The train is for you to have a fast trip to the Seoul Zoo / Seoul Land. For your information, from that fountain to the entrance of Seoul Zoo was very far. However, I don't regret for not riding the train because you can get fresh view of the forest.

After 5 ~ 10 minutes walking, you can see the Seoul Zoo!!

Entrance
Ticket Booth
The tickets for Seoul Zoo is much more cheaper than other amusement park. I expected something like 20000won or 40000won but it's only 5000won! (detail price at the end of the post)

Tickets are combined!
 I decided to go to the blue path (details at the end of the post) which was the dolphin path because I wanted to see the dolphin show first. This was the animals that I see::
Zebrass!!

Warnings!
Fox and tigers are still not active in the noon! You will see them sleeping like me..
Cute little foxxxx
Who wanna see this meerkat???

Before I continue my path, I saw a food square. They have lotteria, food cafeteria and some snack stall. I decided to stop at the snack stall and buy potato corn dogs. (I think most amusement parks sell this)


The food square side entrance
It cost 3000won
Then while eating, I saw giraffe in front of the snack stall. They're very tall and kinda shy with strangers.


kinda reminds me of lee kwang soo...
Finally dolphinss after many animals and walkingss
I end my blue path there and I started walking in the orange path (tiger path).. Which we can see the botanical garden first then fox then tigers then bears

I went to the botanical garden and I would say that it's not that impressive.. I don't recommend you to actually come in there. it's just plants. Well if you are interested in plants than you might wanna come here.


Look at them sleeping..
Very comfortable ~~
At least they're not sleeping
This one was not sleeping too....

good thing tigers do not sleep in the afternoon
There's the real jungle!!!

No Comment XoX
That bear
Looks like chinese bear but it's not

Next, I saw an opening to the place like a nest and inside it was for the birds like peacocks and other small birds.

Common peacock
I assume that one was a male.

After I went out, I find myself on the Horned Owl Path (green path) which leads me to a not so wonderful experience. Warnings to all of you who can't stand seeing wiggly stuff.
 
Lifeless

oooo

I entered another entrance to the bird sanctuary and I find some pelicans and cranes and there's supposed to be some swan but I can't spot them. There's a duck and they're so cute. 

More birds

This animal was very funny.. the other pelicans got to eat 3 ~ 4 fishes in a minute and this guy haven't even get one..
Entrance to the bird exhibition... you can see parrots and other colorful birds
More birds inside the birds exhibition
Bird house (?)
Gimme food.jpg
worms and alive
Wear white clothes here and you will glow.
It doesn't move for 3 minutes
pig face turtle.. wkwkwk
Bulgogi burger with 2 cheese sticks and cider. I guess fast foods here serve cheese sticks than french fries..
Finally they are awake
You know what? this antelope cage was in front of the lion's cage..
I see food there
Last but not least.. flamingo yey!!

Food Experience: There's a wide variety of food served here. As I mentioned before, Lotteria was the only fast food restaurant here. They mainly sell burgers set which I show you before (the bulgogi burger), some snacks and also chicken. The others are cafeteria style restaurant where you buy what food you want in the counter and wait for your number to be called. Some examples of the food in cafeteria were: Jajangmyun (Black bean noodle) and Donkatsu (Pork Cutlet) (Price ranges from 5000won~15000won). You can also head to the snack stall where they sell some corn dogs (3000won), sausage (3000won), Ice cream (various products). There's another bigger restaurant near the marine pavilion (dolphins) and they sell some sweets. If you don't want your child to buy sweets better not to head this restaurant.

Animal Experience: There's a lot of animals here. In fact I would say that it's complete version of zoo. However, it seems that some animals are not even interested in life as I would say that they're very tired. I don't know why but they don't really move much. The most impressive part was the tigers and the dolphin show. By the way, I assume you will take the english map from the zoo and they say that there's like ecology presentation (tiger ecology presentation, bear ecology presentation, etc.) it actually doesn't mean it's a show but it's just an explanation about the animal and it's all in Korean. So don't waste time waiting for that.

Transportation Experience: I like to walk through the whole zoo but at some point I'm tired of walking as the zoo was actually going upwards like a mountain. There's a free shuttle bus that can get you around the zoo. It's an electricity fuel base so that it won't pollute the air in the zoo. Smart!

Tips of Course: There will be Orange, Blue, Red, Green path on the road.
Orange: Tiger Path (zebra, gorilla, lion, botanical garden, fox, snake, crocodile, wolf, tiger, bears)
Blue: Dolphin Path (zebra, ostrich, meerkat, hippopotamus, elephant, camel, stork, sea lion, bear mandarin duck)
Red: Deer Path (flamingo, giraffe, rhinoceros, pelican, crane, peacocks, condor, deer, bison, baby animal)
Green: Horned owl Path (flamingo, giraffe, kangaroo, insect type, horned owl, parrot, peacock, eagle, sloth, beaver)

It's best to see Red --> Blue --> Green --> Orange.
The fox & tigers are still sleeping / not too active in the noon so it's better to get there around 5pm ~ 6pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul Zoo

(Same direction to Seoul Land / Seoul Grand Park)

Subway: Seoul Grand Park Station line 4 exit 2 (there will be directions where to go) 
Walk about 15 mins

Ticket Price:
Adult (19 ~ 64): 5000won
Youth (13 ~ 18): 3000won
Children (6 ~ 12): 2000won
*Korean Age!!

Overall ratings:
4 out of 5 (recommended)

Comments

Popular Posts