Food Diary: 2

Hey guys! Next on my Food Diary! Today I ate mainly noodles and it's really delicious!

Lunch

Location: 600th Anniversary Building
Menu: Mini Budae Jjigae with Rice!

A little bit introduction to Budae Jjigae: Budae Jjigae is a Korean fusion food with American. It was invented during the army when Korean army have kimchi & ramyun and American Army have ham, sausage and spam. So basically they just mixed everything together and it becomes Budae Jjigae. The name Budae means Army and Jjigae means Soup/Stew so Budae Jjigae actually means Army Stew!

Mini Budae Jiggae
Rice: I always liked rice foods like this and the rice today was just plain rice and the amount was medium. It was soft and it's perfect to be eaten with the stew. It's served in a small bowl. I think I need more rice because it doesn't actually fill my stomach!
Rice!
Mini Budae Jjigae: Next is our main dish the Budae Jjigae! It's basically Ramyun with sausage and some spam in it. I taste like normal ramyun with sour and little spicy. I think they used an old kimchi because the soup taste sour more than the spiciness. The ingredients of the stew were: 25% Water, 40% Kimchi, 20% Ramyun, 5% Tofu, 5% Sausage and 5% Spam. The sausage and spam was below my expectations. I think that I only found 5 slice of sausages and 2 slice of spam. In contrast, the taste was very delicious!
#Budaejiggae #ramyun #sausage #kimchi
Side Dish 1: I took the clear soup basically because I thought that the stew will be somewhat spicy and sour so I took the to make it kinda balance. If you don't like sour or spicy, try pouring some of the clear soup to the stew to balance them. If you pour too much soup, don't worry, behind the soup dispenser, there's a seasoning place! There's pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.

Clear Soup
Side Dish 2: I personally liked this side dish. It's made out of potato slice with sesame oil and sesame seed and a little bit of salt for taste. I wish i can take a lot but I can't hahahaha...

Potatoess
That's it for today's food! I hope you enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts