Food Diary: BBQ

Hey guys! Midterm was over and I had a small party last night! Me and my friend had a lot of fun on yesterday's dinner because it's our first BBQ dinner! We had dinner nearby the campus and the price was relatively cheap!

So we were given this kind of table setting and I think this was the side dishes that they give to every customers that eat here. Even when the main food haven't come yet, there's a lot of side dish waiting for you.
Abundant Side Dish
So now I'm going to show you what kind of side dish do they give you in detail.

Side Dish 1: Fish Cakes
I think this was a fish cakes and it taste nice and chewy. Although it was served cold I finished them. There's some tips if you want to make it warm. Try to place the fish cakes on the grilling pan to get warmness. It will bring a better taste to the fish cake.
#fishcakes
Side Dish 2: Tofu Kimchi
It's a cold tofu topped with the soup of the Kimchi. It's like when you have kimchi you will have some of the water which makes kimchi not dry and fermented well. It taste delicious but it's also cold. I think this dish was suited to be cold. It has sesame seed and some chopped chili to perfect the dish.
#Tofu
Side Dish 3: Kimchi
The kimchi looks very delicious. The color was very red and it's chopped so that we can eat them easily. It's also so juicy which enriched the flavor and the texture of the kimchi. However, it's just like the normal kimchi which are served every where.
#kimchi #juicy #redness
Side Dish 4: Seasoned Beansprout
I don't really like beansprout so my friend taste it for me.... She said that it taste delicious and I can see why's that because she finished it. It taste salty and little bit spicy for her. My friend recommended me to eat this but I don't like beansprout so I skipped it..
#I don't like beansprout #Sorry
Next will be the ingredient for the famous Korean BBQ wrapping. I tried it before and it's delicious. But I don't really like them because you need large mouth to fit everything in..

Ingredient 1: Ssamjang (쌈장)
Ssamjang was a Korean dipping sauce. Ssam means wrap and jang means sauce so it this sauce was for making the wrap. Ssamjang usually made from doenjang (bean paste), gochujang (red pepper paste), sesame oil, onion, and garlic. It taste salty and not spicy at all but the doenjang (bean paste)can be taste.
#Ssamjang
Ingredient 2: Garlic
I think I don't need to explain this. But this adds texture to the wrap.

Ingredient 3: Lettuce
Lettuce will be the base of wrapping. It can be replaced by perilla leaf or you can use lettuce then perilla leaf.
#lettuce
Now it's time for the main meal of the day!!! It's Galbi and Samgyeopsal!!

Galbi (갈비): Galbi arrived first on my table. Galbi is a marinated ribs and today we have beef ribs. Usually, Galbi can be pork, beef or chicken. I think only the meat was presented here. It's 150gram and it cost 9,800 won.. It's quite expensive for Indonesians but when we will meet this kind of food again? When it's grilled, it will become shorter and smaller in size but it's still delicious!!! The texture will become soft and chewy for the fat part and it's a perfect combination!
#RawGalbi #BeefRibs
#Grilled Galbi
Samgyeopsal (삼겹살): Samgyeopsal is pork belly and it's grilled just like that. I think this pork belly have been steamed before to make it softer and juicier. It has a great texture and it's crunchy if you leave samgyeopsal on the grilling pan a little longer. It has a lot of fats in it but I don't really taste the chewy fats. Be careful of bones that are attached to the meat. It was served with salt that was mixed with pepper or you can use the ssamjang (dipping sauce). It cost 5500won for 3 samgyeopsal.

I got 3 Samgyeopsal

#grilled samgyeopsal and galbi
You can buy rice for 1000 won and other dishes like gyeranjim or others but I'm too full for it. So this is it!

#bon appetit

Comments

Popular Posts