Food Diary: 1

Hey Guys! Some of my friends asked me to update every meals I had in the cafeteria at school so they get a glimpse of what do Koreans eat during lunch at university. So in respond to the request, I will upload my meals at university's cafeteria every Monday till Thursday. If I had ever post the food before, I shall not upload it again. So i will post every time I had new dishes and lunch at cafeteria.

Lunch

Location: Business Hall Cafeteria
Menu: Stir-fry Pork with Kimchi and Seaweed Rice with Egg!

Day 55 [Lunch Set]
Rice: You get abundant amount of white rice topped with an egg and a lot of seaweed! I think I'll be full enough just with rice, egg and seaweed. The egg was not balanced salted so there's some part that taste salty and some part taste bland. The rice was very soft and perfect for the ones who liked to eat medium texture of rice (not to watery and not to hard). 

#rice #egg #seaweed
Stir-fry Pork with Kimchi: I thought this will be some kind of a stir-fried food but it turns out to be a soup based. It's like Kimchi Jiggae. It taste salty then slightly sour and kind a spicy. I liked how the taste turns. If you don't like sour food then this is not recommended. I have a high hopes on the pork but it turns out that there's less meat then I expected. It's almost like no meat at all. It's chopped to the tiniest shape and just mixed in the soup. I think I can't taste them at all. The soup was like 15% water, 60% kimchi, 5% Pork, 5% potato, 5% tofu and 10% radish. It doesn't look spicy like the picture.

Pork Kimchi Jiggae
Side Dish 1: Today there's quail egg and some fish cake (?). I don't know that but it taste nice. It has a fish cake texture and it's chewy. It taste sweet and salty. The thing that i don't like is that they are served or plated before so students can just take them and thus it makes the side dishes cold.

#Sweet and #Salty
Side Dish 2: This one is coleslaw salad. It's a cabbage with mayonnaise. Very simple. This is one of the everyday side dish at the cafeteria at business hall.

#bored

Dinner

Location: Business Hall Cafeteria
Menu: Chicken Porridge

I got the same side dish 1 and now a porridge. They actually have lunch menu for night. The porridge tasted well balanced saltiness. Not to salty not to bland. There's an abundant amount of chicken given and also seaweed on top. The porridge ingredients was: Rice (for sure), chicken (breast I think), seaweed, and some chopped carrots.

#chicken #porridge #sidedish1

Comments

Popular Posts